Who needs a 72-hour prorate (trip) permit?


A carrier operating a fleet of one or more vehicles in the State of Nebraska that are used for the transportation of persons, for hire, or designed, used or maintained primarily for the transportation of property and is a vehicle qualifying as one of the following:


     A power unit having 2 axles and a gross weight or registered gross vehicle weight exceeding 26,000 pounds or

     A power unit having 3 or more axles regardless of weight, or

     Used in combination, when the gross vehicle weight of such combination exceeds 26,000 pounds.


A vehicle apportioned with Nebraska through its home state does not need a proration (trip) permit, and a vehicle with an IFTA permit does not need a fuel permit.


Effective with the passage of LB 250, permits must be obtained prior to entering Nebraska.